“Welcome – you have beguin your journey”.
Hi, my name is Garry Carpenter and I am a Martial Arts Master Instructor at the Budo South Martial Arts club.
I train in Taekwondo, Hapkido, Haidong Gumdo and Teuk Gong Moo Sol.
I began training in the martial arts in 1987, while based at the University of Otago in Dunedin. My martial arts career has allowed me to travel across the globe, meeting many new friends and learning their customs and culture. Some highlights have been:
- becoming a dual International Referee in Taekwondo (Poomsae and Kyorugi),
- participating in the World Championships for Haidong Gumdo,
- training students in the art of Hapkido,
- my Black Belt grading for Teuk Gong Moo Sol,
- and most importantly, all the people I have become friends with through the martial arts.